London Immigration Lawyers
0204 502 8582 (local rate)

Mon - Sun, 8.30 am - 6pm

Find an office

10 offices in the UK


We are the UK's leading immigration specialists
OISC Accredited UK immigration lawyers
We've had over 5000 applications approved
Get the correct advice from qualified immigration experts
4.7 rating 414 reviews

UK Business Visas for European citizens

UK new immigration rules will come into effect from January 2021, meaning that EU citizens will need to apply for a visa if they wish to live and work in the UK.

Call us on 020 4502 8582 for immediate help & assistance with your situation. We’re here to help you in person, via the phone or online.

    Request a call back from our immigration experts

    UK Visas for EU citizens

    A new immigration system will apply to all EU citizens arriving in the United Kingdom from 1st January 2021. Those who are moving to the UK to work will need to get a visa in advance. For example, EU citizens applying for a skilled worker visa will need a job offer from an approved employer holding a Sponsor License and they must meet specific requirements.

    If you are a European citizen and you wish to find out more about your options to enter the UK from 1st January 2021, you can get in touch with IAS’ team of immigration lawyers in London.

    Investor Visa for EU citizens

    Businesspeople who are seeking to invest at least £2 million in a UK business can apply for a Tier 1 Investor Visa. This permit is designed to attract international investors and many people of talent from all around the world, including the EU.

    If you are willing to make a substantial financial investment in the United Kingdom, you won’t need an endorsement from an approved sponsor for your application. However, based on your circumstances, you might be required to meet certain requirements.

    UK Innovator Visa for EU citizens

    Entrepreneurs with business experience who want to launch their careers in the UK can do so by requesting a UK Innovator visa. The UK Innovator visa might be a better choice for you if you are a seasoned business owner. You must get your company approved by a sponsor who will evaluate your business plan in order to qualify for this sort of visa. You must also provide investment funds totaling at least £50,000, which can be obtained from any reputable source. If your business is already formed and has been approved for an earlier visa, you don’t need investment cash.

    The Innovator visa will allow you to stay in the UK for up to 3 years, after this you can apply to extend it for another 3 years and there are no limits on the amount of times you can extend your visa.

    Start-Up Visa application for EU citizens

    Young and skilled graduates and entrepreneurs who intend to launch their businesses in the UK may qualify for a Start-Up Visa. Those who want to launch their own company in the UK are eligible for the Start-Up Visa. Both graduates and non-graduates are eligible for this category of visa. Your company must have approval from a recognised body in order to qualify. You must also demonstrate that your business concept is one for a brand-new company that is both viable and innovative.

    If you are granted a Start-up visa then you will be able to stay in UK for up to two years, you cannot apply to extend this visa after this time but you may be able to switch to another type of visa.

    Global Talent Visa for EU citizens

    Formerly known as Exceptional Talent Visa, this permit is designed for those who are considered world-leading researchers, scientists and mathematicians. To be eligible, you can work either as a self-employed or being employed by another company in any sector.

    What is the Overseas Sole Representative Visa?

    The Overseas Sole Representative Visa is for those who want to open a UK branch office for an overseas company. You must be employed by a company whose headquarters will stay outside of the UK in order to submit an application to become the sole representative of an overseas company. If you are employed by a foreign newspaper, news agency, or broadcasting outfit and are on a long-term assignment in the UK, you may also be eligible to apply for this visa.

    This visa allows you to stay in the UK for an initial period of 3 years, after this you may be able to extend your stay for a further 2 years. Once you have lived in the UK under this visa for 5 years you will also be eligible to apply to settle in the UK.