We are specialist Spouse Visa immigration lawyers, who can help if you are looking for Spouse Visa advice

Our experienced OISC lawyers will work with you to assess your eligibility and help you gather the evidence you need to prove to UKVI that your relationship with your partner is genuine. If your case is especially complex, they will work with you to find a solution to your issues, and use their legal knowledge to make a decision on how you should proceed.

Our Spouse Visa services include:

  • Spouse Visa Advice
  • Spouse Visa Appeals
  • Spouse Visa Applications
  • Spouse Visa Extensions

Spouse Visa UK

The UK Spouse Visa allows you to live in the UK with your partner and to work without restrictions. At the end of the first 30 months granted period, you can apply for an extension. If you are eligible, you can also seek British Citizenship or an Indefinite Leave to Remain.

The UK Spouse Visa status is available for both heterosexual and homosexual couples. To be eligible, you must be lawful married to a British Citizen or a UK Permanent Resident.

Depending on your situation, you can apply for a Spouse Visa either from outside the UK or while you are already in the country.

UK Spouse Visa Application Help

Our team of immigration solicitors can assist you with your Spouse Visa application. You will be assigned one of our best lawyers, who can assess your eligibility and perform a full document check. Your adviser will discuss your situation with you to outline the best strategy to support your case. We can write a Letter of Representation to be sent to the Home Office to support your UK Spouse Visa application.

Call us on 020 3797 6715 or use our online form to contact one of our immigration lawyers.

spouse visa uk immigration lawyers in london

We’re a National Immigration Lawyer Service with offices in over 20 cities around the UK.

We employ more than 50 experienced immigration lawyers spanning over 20 offices in and around the UK. This means that we can meet with you in person at one of our UK offices, we work remotely for you online or via the phone. We will work around what is best for you.

  • London
  • Manchester
  • Leeds
  • Birmingham
  • Liverpool
  • Leicester
  • Ireland
  • Aberdeen
  • Belfast
  • Bristol
  • Edinburgh
  • Glasgow
  • Hounslow
  • Newcastle


We care about each and every single one of our clients, rest assured we will do everything within our power to get the decision you deserve. The images in the gallery show only a small selection of our happy customers who we fought tooth and nail for; to secure the decision they deserved. All of our photos are genuine and are taken at one of our 20 UK offices.

Our experienced team of Immigration Lawyers are ready to help you, so don’t delay: contact us today. We will ensure that you get the result you deserve.

Houri Zahedi Immigration Lawyer in Manchester and Scotland
Houri Zahedi Partner
Ahmed Ceesay Immigration Lawyer in Manchester
Ahmed Ceesay Immigration Lawyer
Lola Tinubu Immigration Solicitor in London
Lola Tinubu Immigration Lawyer
Adenrele Adejumobi immigration lawyer in Manchester
Adenrele Adejumobi Immigration lawyer
Kate Pask Corporate Immigration Caseworker
Kristian Wood Immigration Lawyer in OLdham and Manchester
Kristian Wood Head of Asylum and Higher Appeals
Immigration lawyer in London Verusha Ishwar
Verusha Ishwar Immigration Lawyer
Saimah Razzaq Immigration Lawyer in Manchester Oldham
Saimah Razzaq Immigration Lawyer

UK Spouse Visa FAQs

What are the UK Spouse Visa Requirements?

To be eligible, you must satisfy the following requirements:

  • Your partner must hold British Citizenship or an Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR);
  • You and your partner must intend to live together permanently;
  • You must have already met your partner in person;
  • You must provide evidence of legal marriage;
  • Your partner must earn at least £18,600
  • You must provide evidence of adequate accommodation;
  • You must show proof of English language ability.

How to apply for a UK Spouse Visa?

To apply for a Spouse Visa, you must complete the relevant application forms.

If you are already in the UK on a different visa, you may be able to adjust your status. If you are outside the UK, you must submit your Spouse Visa application to the Home Office among your supporting evidence. This must include paperwork pertaining to your marriage, to prove that your relationship is genuine.

You will also be required to provide documentation relating to your financial situation. If you have any dependent children under the age of 18, you should make a separate application for them. This must be submitted at the same time as you make your application.

How to apply for a Spouse Visa Extension?

The UK Spouse visa is initially granted for a 30 months period. If you are still married to your British partner and you still meet the other visa requirements, you can apply for a visa extension.

A Spouse Visa Renewal will be issued for a further period of 30 months. Eventually, you may stay in the UK until you qualify for an Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR).

If you have dependent children, you may need to also apply for a renewal of their status. In this case, you must send a separate application for their visa extensions.

What services do we offer?

Our team of dedicated immigration lawyers is happy to help you and your partner to settle in the UK.

Our services include:

  • Access your eligibility;
  • Perform a full document check;
  • Ensure you have adequate evidence of your “genuine relationship”;
  • Help you fill out your application forms;
  • Liaise with the Home Office;
  • Prepare a Letter of Representation to support your case;
  • Help your dependents to submit their application.

Get in touch today to arrange the first meeting with one of our advisers. Your lawyer will spend an untimed session working with you to assess you and your partner eligibility. Call us on 020 3797 6715 or make an enquiry online.