London Immigration Lawyers
0204 502 8582 (local rate)

Mon - Sun, 8.30 am - 6pm

Find an office

10 offices in the UK


We are the UK's leading immigration specialists
OISC Accredited UK immigration lawyers
We've had over 5000 applications approved
Get the correct advice from qualified immigration experts
4.7 rating 414 reviews

Immigration Lawyers in Barnet

Our London immigration lawyers in Barnet are here to offer expert guidance and assistance in all areas of immigration law. With many years of operation in the complex field of immigration law, our immigration legal experts are perfectly placed to offer you a service of the very highest order.

Get in touch with our client care team today on 020 4502 8582 for immediate help and assistance. Our lawyers can speak to you face-to-face, over the phone, or via Skype. 

    Request a call back from our immigration experts

    Get in touch with our immigration lawyers in Barnet

    I Want to Apply for a UK Visa. Do I Need to Hire an Immigration Solicitor in Barnet?

    It is not an absolute legal requirement to hire an immigration solicitor to apply for a UK visa. However, we highly recommend hiring an immigration legal expert to complete a UK visa application.

    UK immigration law is notoriously complex, an it can often be very confusing to even establish which documents you need to submit for a UK visa application. This is not even to mention the administrative standards which need to be adhered to. One simple mistake can lead to an automatic visa rejection.

    Our immigration legal specialists in Barnet can assist you if you wish to apply for a UK visa. With our experts working on your case, we can guarantee that your chances of achieving the outcome you are looking for will be maximised.

    We offer a specialist application package for those who are applying for a UK visa. This is an industry-leading service, designed to formulate your application to the very highest standards. With a wealth of experience in immigration law, we understand what it takes to formulate a successful visa application.

    One of our immigration caseworkers will work with you to prepare your portfolio of evidence, ensuring it contains all relevant documentation. They will also complete the visa application form to the Home Office standards required.

    Once the portfolio of evidence is ready and the application form completed, your immigration caseworker will submit the application to the Home Office. We will liaise with the Home Office throughout the processing stage, and you will be kept informed of its progress.

    If you wish to speak to us to discuss our application package, please call our London immigration lawyers now on 020 4502 8582.

    Which Visa Do I Need to Work in the UK?

    This will depend on the nature of the work you are doing. There are two categories of work visas: Tier 2 and Tier 5. Tier 2 visas are for those entering into long-term employment in the UK, whereas Tier 5 visas are for those looking to undertake short periods of work in the country.

    To be eligible for a UK work visa, you must have been offered a position at a UK company with a sponsorship licence. Also, you will need to include the number of your certificate of sponsorship in the application.

    The following visas are all within the Tier 2 category:

    • Tier 2 (General): The most common Tier 2 visa for those working in a skilled profession
    • Tier 2 Intra-company Transfer Visa: For those entering into a position in the UK branch of a multinational company
    • Minister of Religion Visa: This Tier 2 visa is for those who have been offered a position in a faith community in the UK
    • Tier 2 Sportsperson Visa: For professional sportspersons

    Usually, Tier 2 visas are valid for two and a half years and can be extended too.

    The visa for temporary workers is the Tier 5 Temporary Work Visa. Typically, you can stay in the UK for up to twelve months on a Tier 5 work visa.

    I Want to Become a British Citizen. Can Your Immigration Lawyers in Barnet Help?

    Yes, we offer full assistance with British citizenship applications. We can offer full support with our application package, tailored to meet your individual circumstances. Let the us help you to secure your status as a full British citizen.

    In the vast majority of cases, you must have spent at least one year in the UK living under Indefinite Leave to Remain status before you can become a British citizen. Usually, a non-EEA national will be eligible for Indefinite Leave to Remain after five years of lawfully living in the UK. This means that in total, in most cases, you must have spent six years lawfully living in the UK before you will be eligible for British citizenship.

    In addition to the fundamental conditions above, the main British citizenship requirements are as follows:

    • Must be at least 18-years-old
    • Must be deemed to be of ‘good character’. Essentially this means that they haven’t broken any laws or immigration conditions whilst they have been in the UK
    • Must pass the Life in the UK test
    • Must be able to prove English language ability to at least a B1 level if not from an English-speaking country

    Of course, each individual case is different. This means that the specific requirements which applicants need to meet depends somewhat on their individual circumstances.

    For more information on British citizenship, including the different routes towards it, please call our London immigration lawyers now on 020 4502 8582.

    You may be interested in reading about:

    Frequently Asked Questions

    Indefinite Leave to Remain is a form of permanent residence. This means that you can stay in the UK without any restrictions as an ILR holder.

    Typically, you can apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain after you have spent five years lawfully living in the UK. For instance, if you have been living in the UK under a Spouse Visa, Unmarried Partner Visa or a Tier 2 visa, you will be eligible for ILR after five years of UK residence.

    In some circumstances, you could be eligible sooner. If you have been living in the UK under a Tier 1 Investor Visa or Innovator Visa, you could be eligible for ILR after three years of UK residence, or even two.

    After you have spent a year in the UK living under ILR, you can apply for British citizenship.

    Wherever you are located in the world, our Barnet immigration lawyers are here for you.

    If you cannot meet us in London, we can speak with you remotely either over the phone or online over Skype, with no compromise on our outstanding service.

    Call us now on 020 4502 8582 to book your remote appointment with one of our immigration lawyers.

    The Spouse Visa is one of the most sought-after UK visas. If you are a non-EEA national and you are married/in a civil partnership with a UK citizen or person with settled status, you could be eligible for the Spouse Visa.

    However, there is a number of stringent requirements which you must fulfil to be eligible.

    The main requirements for the Spouse Visa are as follows:

    • Must be aged 18 or over
    • Must pass the ‘genuine relationship’ requirement
    • Must be married/in a civil partnership to a British citizen or settled person which is recognised in UK law
    • Must have a combined annual income of at least £18,600. If you have dependent/s this sum increases by £3,800 for the first dependent and £2,400 for each additional dependent
    • Must provide evidence demonstrating that you have lived together for at least two years
    • Must have suitable accommodation to live in in the UK
    • Must be able to demonstrate a certain level of English

    Our Barnet immigration lawyers can provide expert application assistance with the Spouse Visa. Over the years, we have helped countless couples to reunite in the UK under a Spouse Visa. We understand what it takes to formulate a successful application.

    To find out more about Spouse Visa application package, please do not hesitate to contact us on 020 4502 8582.