We provide professional Civil Partnership Visa advice, to deliver you and your partner the best service

Our qualified OISC lawyers are happy to provide all the information you need to apply for your Civil Partnership Visa application. One of our advisers can help you build your supporting evidence into a successful portfolio.

Our Civil Partnership Visa services include:

  • Civil Partnership Visa Advice
  • Civil Partnership Visa Enquiries
  • Civil Partnership Visa Applications
  • Civil Partnership Visa Renewals

Civil Partnership Visa UK

If you are in a same-sex relationship and want to settle in the UK with your EEA national partner, you can apply for a Civil Partnership Visa UK.

Civil partnerships are legal relationships registered between two people of the same sex. Under the Civil Partnership Act 2004, civil partners have the same legal rights as married couples.

This visa allows same-sex couples to settle in the UK for an initial period of 33 months. An extension can be granted for further 30 months, to take you to the 5 years required to seek British citizenship.

How we can help with your Civil Partnership Visa Application

Our team of immigration lawyers is happy to help you and your partner settle in the UK. We can assess your eligibility and check if your civil partnership registration is valid in the UK.

We can also write a Letter of Representation to submit to the Home Office to support your case. Your lawyer will ensure that every opportunity is maximised and that your application is successful.

To discuss your situation with one of our qualified immigration experts, call us on 020 3797 6715 or use our online contact form.


civil partnership visa immigration london

We’re a National Immigration Lawyer Service with offices in over 20 cities around the UK.

We employ more than 50 experienced immigration lawyers spanning over 20 offices in and around the UK. This means that we can meet with you in person at one of our UK offices, we work remotely for you online or via the phone. We will work around what is best for you.

  • London
  • Manchester
  • Leeds
  • Birmingham
  • Liverpool
  • Leicester
  • Ireland
  • Aberdeen
  • Belfast
  • Bristol
  • Edinburgh
  • Glasgow
  • Hounslow
  • Newcastle


We care about each and every single one of our clients, rest assured we will do everything within our power to get the decision you deserve. The images in the gallery show only a small selection of our happy customers who we fought tooth and nail for; to secure the decision they deserved. All of our photos are genuine and are taken at one of our 20 UK offices.

Our experienced team of Immigration Lawyers are ready to help you, so don’t delay: contact us today. We will ensure that you get the result you deserve.

UK Immigration Lawyer Julius Dewa
Julius Dewa Immigration lawyer
Houri Zahedi Immigration Lawyer in Manchester and Scotland
Houri Zahedi Partner
Immigration solicitors in Leicester Zeenat Karim
Zeenat Karim Immigration Lawyer
Helene Santamera Immigration Lawyer
Immigration Lawyer in Leeds Nasreen Ali
Nasreen Ali Immigration Lawyer
Danielle Blake Immigration Lawyer Birmingham
Danielle Blake Immigration Lawyer
Kristian Wood Immigration Lawyer in OLdham and Manchester
Kristian Wood Head of Asylum and Higher Appeals
Liverpool Immigration Lawyer John Cahill
John Cahill Partner

Civil Partnership Visa FAQs

What are the Civil Partnership Visa Requirements?

To entry to the UK on a Civil Partnership Visa, you must:

  • Be in a committed and genuine relationship with your partner;
  • Be in a civil partnership with a UK citizen or permanent resident;
  • Have legally registered your civil partnership;
  • Prove you have written and spoken English proficiency.

Your partner must also be earning a minimum gross income of £18,600. However, the minimum threshold required is higher if there are children involved.

How to apply for a UK Civil Partnership Visa?

If you live in another country, you must submit your Civil Visa Partnership application form to the Home Office. You must not forget to include documentation to support your relationship. This includes pictures of the time you spent together, proof of shared bank accounts or accommodations.

Before granting your visa, the Home Office will summon both you and your partner for an interview. Our immigration advisers will help you prepare for this important stage of your application process.

How long does a Civil Partnership Visa last?

Your Civil Partnership Visa is initially valid for up to 33 months. You can apply for an extension if you are still in your civil partnership and meet the other visa requirements.

After this time, if you have spent at least 5 years in the UK on a lawful partner status, you may apply for an Indefinite Leave to Remain or seek British citizenship.

What services do we offer?

Our team is dedicated to your successful Civil Partnership UK Visa application.

Your immigration lawyer will:

  • Assess your eligibility;
  • Guide you through the evidence and paperwork needed for your visa application;
  • Write a Letter of Recommendation;
  • Regularly liaise with the Home Office.

To learn more about our services, call us on 020 3797 6715 and make an appointment with one of our immigration lawyers in London.